Are you a strategic behavioral design leader with a passion for improving health outcomes? If so, Elevation is actively seeking a VP, Behavioral Design for a fast-growing technology company uniting behavior science with AI to drive individual actions through hyper-personalizing the patient engagement ecosystem. We would love to speak with you!
In partnership with the Chief Behavioral Officer, the VP, Behavioral Design will determine strategy and direct behavioral design team efforts to move the company’s AI-driven behavior change capabilities forward. The VP will balance science, data, and business objectives in solving for complex behavior change problems that, in turn, improve lives and grow the business!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serving as the in-house and client-facing expert in behavior change design.
- Leading, strengthening, and growing a distributed, cross-functional behavioral design and creative team (e.g. with coaching, professional development trainings, and hiring and retaining high performing talent).
- Establishing the strategy for primary research efforts such as client discovery or patient experience initiatives, to generate relevant insights for solution development.
- Proactively identifying and selecting applicable innovations, frameworks, and approaches in behavior science, technology, healthcare, or other fields to be used by Behavioral Design to improve the user experience, efficacy, or ROI of company solutions.
- Designing solutions in collaboration with the product, behavioral research, analytics, software development, and AI teams to accomplish meaningful objectives for clients.
- Coaching internal and external audiences to think strategically about the value and implication of Behavioral Design to inform product development efforts and the business’s continued growth based on qualitative, quantitative, and behavioral science insights.
- Developing data-driven, action-oriented plans in a fast-paced environment, drawing from existing behavioral science evidence, just-in-time learnings from new behavior change challenges (e.g., COVID-19 vaccination promotion or digital therapeutics for condition management).
- Exercising independent, but strategically aligned, judgement and decisions to advance and scale the company’s behavioral design strategy and approach.
- Clearly articulating and translating complex ideas and plans into concrete, understandable, and actionable tactics.
- Prioritizing behavioral design requests and setting expectations early and often across multiple teams and with multiple stakeholders.
- Persuasively translating insights and recommendations to inspire and elicit internal and external action.
- Actively contributing to the company’s thought leadership via participation in marketing initiatives, op-eds, webinars, conferences, peer-reviewed research, and more
What You Need To Have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in behavioral design.
- Proven experience in healthcare, such as experience working in a health technology company or designing digital health interventions.
- Familiarity with inferential statistics and behavioral research methods at a level sufficient to enable collaboration with a dedicated research team.
- Experience working in partnership growth teams to evaluate client needs, resources, and potential behavioral design solutions.
- Experience with design thinking or human-centered design methods.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with sensitivity to audience.
- Master’s degree in behavioral science field required (e.g., psychology, public health, behavioral economics, etc.).
- PhD in a behavioral science field highly preferred.