Elevation Search Solutions is actively seeking an Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications for the Nashville market. Our client is a premier association of health care industry leaders working together to inspire global collaboration to improve health care by serving as a catalyst for leadership and innovation.
This position is responsible for overseeing and performing marketing and communications activities for the company and its initiatives, including branding, media and public relations, social media, advertising and collateral materials, web design and content and budget management, in addition to member and board communications.
This position utilizes data to develop and drive an integrated external and internal marketing and communications strategy that supports the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. Additionally, this position serves as a spokesperson for the organization, ensuring a proactive public relations and communications strategy.
What You Will Be Doing:
Leadership & Management Activities:
- Promoting a culture of high performance, collaboration and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Developing marketing and communications team members; establishing and monitoring performance and development goals of direct reports, assigning accountabilities, setting objectives and establishing priorities.
- Developing, integrating and implementing a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
- Building an appropriate marketing and communications structure that provides coordination and efficiency of marketing and messaging across all internal departments.
- Advancing the marketing and communications annual strategy and budget under supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Managing day-to-day marketing and communications budget and department activities.
- Serving as central project manager and liaison between internal directors leading company initiatives and the marketing/communications team members, coordinating collateral development activities.
Marketing and Communications Activities:
- Building and driving an integrated external and internal marketing and communications strategy that supports the strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Promoting, enhancing, advancing and protecting the company’s brand reputation.
- Creating a digital brand strategy.
- Broadening awareness of company initiatives and priorities; increasing the visibility across key stakeholder audiences and driving broader awareness and support for the organization.
- Initiating and conducting communications consultations with directors of company initiatives, events and marketing activities, securing needed information from leads and communicating with marketing and communications team about project specifications.
- Keeping projects flowing through department and managing timelines and budgets for marketing and communications projects, including but not limited to video and podcast productions, and publications such as whitepapers, Family Tree, annual report and research reports.
- Ensuring execution of marketing and communication plans.
- Leveraging external advertising, branding, marketing and PR firms in alignment with company brand values and strategic goals.
- Working with the senior leadership team to develop critical marketing and branding plans and materials.
- Continually analyzing metrics and criteria for all marketing and communications activities. Proactively communicating analyses to directors for decision making enhancement.
- Providing quality control for concepts and projects. Evaluating project outcomes in a marketing and communications debrief as established during a planning phase.
- Reviewing and revising marketing and communications policies, protocols, procedures and best practices for the organization.
- Overseeing the development of new products such as video & podcast productions.
Public Relations Activities:
- Serving as a spokesperson for the company and acting as primary entry point for media inquiries.
- Managing company responses to issues affecting Nashville’s health care industry cluster.
- Along with executive office, maintaining relationships with the company’s public relations agency (if applicable), including the workflow for projects and public relations efforts.
- Managing all news releases and advisories, including economic impact announcements.
- Developing media plans, pitching stories to media, coordinating interviews, creating and maintaining media lists, researching media opportunities and building relationships with key media outlets/contacts, at the local, regional and national levels.
- Tracking daily news articles that pertain to the company maintaining an archive of news coverage.
- Preparing presentations given by company president and other key staff members as needed.
- Keeping track of all speaking engagements and schedule as needed.
- Writing background memos, presentations and remarks for company events as needed.
Creative Direction Activities:
- Establishing creative direction for the company and its initiatives, products and services, designed to reflect the company’s persona and generate optimal impact in messaging.
- Serving as liaison for all visual concept development, branding and user experience, including execution of integrated advertising and marketing campaigns for both internal and external audiences.
- Developing creative concepts that meet the company’s objectives and advance the brand strategy in all facets, from event themes to traditional and digital media.
- Overseeing production of all company print and digital communications, marketing collateral and electronic communications including websites and digital media; overseeing and managing relationship with agency.
- Supervising creative design and directs visual images that communicate the organization's marketing messages relevant to company audiences.
- Managing all communications projects from concept through completion.
- Consistently auditing company marketing and communications materials reviewing for fulfillment of company’s overall strategic vision.
- Overseeing research activities for the company including “signature” reports/products and utilizing research findings to drive decision making for the company’s strategy plan as well as suggesting additional projects of value. In addition, manages publication products such as white papers, etc.
- Making decisions around budget, personnel, and strategic direction of the marketing and communications function.
What You Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role, either in-house or with an agency.
- Established track record in community development and engagement, social media, marketing, communications, public relations and media relations.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team
- Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Familiarity with Associated Press journalistic style.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive communications, media relations and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Experience with both traditional marketing techniques as well as cutting edge tools and data analytics
- Proficiency with digital technologies and social media tools and an understanding of how to incorporate them into the company’s communications strategies.
- Experience in media/public relations, strategic planning, communications consulting, speech writing, and PR agency management.
- Experience in crisis management and communication.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills are essential.
- Exemplary customer-service skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly to changing workplace needs.
- Must be an effective public speaker (media, internal audiences, external audiences, etc.).
- Strong relationship-building skills and organizational skills required.
- Must be committed to working as part of a team and establishing strong internal and external relationships.
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output; creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be used.
- Ability to effectively interface with senior leadership, company’s Board of Directors, staff and target audiences; excellent and persuasive communicator.
- Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail and project and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often outsourced marketing activities such as public relations, website and graphic design.
- Strong judgment and discernment required, particularly around politically sensitive issues and determining who should be involved in particular decisions.
- Passion for company mission.