Are you a highly motivated business development executive interested in spearheading strategic partnership development for a VC-backed, fast-growing healthcare technology company? If so, Elevation is actively seeking a Senior Director of Business Development for a company developing machine learning algorithms that use clinical data to enable early disease detection and improve clinical and care outcomes. We want to speak with you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Actively seeking potential partnership opportunities to grow the company’s business development pipeline.
- Staying abreast of relevant market events and trends; continuously evaluating, identifying, and developing new avenues for business growth.
- Proactively communicating and working with internal teams and external partners to design and align on potential partnership opportunities.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the company (e.g. Data Science and Engineering, Strategy, Legal, Finance, Sales, Scientific, Clinical etc.) to properly identify, prioritize, and execute on partnership opportunities.
- Owning all aspects of deal execution, including identification and prioritization of partners/targets, lead generation and conversation, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring and execution.
What You Need To Have:
- 3+ years of experience in externally-facing roles in healthcare, preferably in a partnering or corporate development-related role at a high growth company.
- 3+ years of business development experience.
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Biopharma, payor, health systems, and health technology (particularly machine learning).
- Proven experience proactively seeking, building, and maintaining long-term relationships with potential partner companies.
- Experience designing partnership business models and structuring business agreements for these models.
- Skilled at developing external relationships. You have a proven ability to cultivate and strengthen relationships internally and externally across a matrix of roles and areas of expertise.
- Comfortability with presenting to and engaging senior executives in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners to resolve issues
- Experience at navigating events and conferences and utilizing these as a springboard to bring in and secure new business opportunities.
- Enthusiasm for working cross-functionally and with external partners.
- Willing to roll up their sleeves to drive ambiguous projects forward.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and communication skills.
- Highly analytic, strategic thinking skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications.
- Ability to maintain high visibility within the customer organization, maintain regular communication, and understand evolving customer needs.
- Precise and timely communication with partners, understand the partners objectives, decision making process and requirements to help accelerate the efforts collaboratively.
- A focus on value – you are able to effectively prioritize and think strategically in a challenging, rapidly changing, and time sensitive environment.
- Understanding of customer dynamics in the healthcare industry, with a track record of successfully managing complex stakeholders to deliver products and services.
- Comfortability with a high degree of comfort with ambiguity – you are able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly.
- Preferred Location: San Francisco Bay Area