Are you a resourceful, results-driven individual with a passion for designing and developing innovative and technical solutions through applications and software? If so, Elevation is actively seeking a Senior Developer for a leading, state-of-the-art manufacturing and fulfillment company, and we would love to speak with you!
Our client is a fully EDI capable, global company based in Hendersonville, NC continually striving to build true partnerships with their customers. With approximately one million square feet of manufacturing and distribution space, they have a vertically integrated production process that includes weaving, dyeing, cut and sew, digital printing, heat transfer, pillow & pouf blowing, plus distribution and drop shipping.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Arranging and analyzing project requirements in a programming sequence by preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Supporting and leading the programming development team in encoding project requirements in computer language.
- Entering coded information into the computer with the information provided by the Programmer Analyst.
- Confirming program operation by conducting tests and reporting results to the Programming Development Team so that they can modify the program sequence and/or codes.
- Creating and communicating lists of projects and priorities.
- Identifying requirements by establishing personal rapport with internal and external customers to understand service requirements.
- Developing new applications and maintaining existing ones.
- Assisting in writing/maintaining user documentation.
- Analyzing methods to efficiently address software system requirements.
- Creating code that meets system standards.
- Strategizing in partnership with the CIO to play a key role in vendor selection decisions.
- Arranging project requirements using Jira into a Kanban board.
What You Need To Have:
- 5-7 years of Ruby on Rails and .Net experience.
- 5-7 years of SQL relational database experience (PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
- 3-5 full stack development experience.
- Expertise in: Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Process, Software Development Fundamentals, Strong Analytical/Problem Solving Ability.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.
- Proven success with Software Design, Debugging, Documentation, the Development Process, and Development Fundamentals is required.
- API integrations/experience in troubleshooting issues across multiple partner integrations.
- Strong Analytical/Problem Solving Ability.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A team player approach, with a passion for doing the job correctly and timely helping in any area when needed.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.