Are you a technology leader eager to make a difference in a PE-backed, fast growing sterile injectable pharmaceutical manufacturing company? If so, Elevation Search Solutions is looking for a Director of IT to oversee our client’s IT strategy and functions across infrastructure, security/risk, and applications management, and we want to speak with you!
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensuring vendor and internal support of business applications. Defining system ownership—technical and business owners—for each system.
- Ensuring that all systems have a documented and tested disaster recovery plan.
- Building partnerships with business owners to identify opportunities to drive operational improvements with business systems while operating within the IT budget.
- Collaborating with business leaders to develop analytics capabilities for operations, finance, and customer service.
- Deploying solutions that facilitate data governance, increase automation, and decrease the time required for analysis.
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement in the IT service function and measuring internal satisfaction with IT operations.
- Measuring and improving uptime and performance of IT systems.
- Proactively reporting IT operation KPIs to business leaders.
- Formalizing and automating cloud operations.
- Promoting the use of technology to increase collaboration and productivity.
- Collaborating with executive leaders to establish a risk-management approach to setting information security priorities.
- Creating and reporting KPIs for information security program maturity.
- Assessing and mitigating cybersecurity risks to prevent breaches of the company’s data and improper access to confidential information.
- Managing a team of 5 people in a high growth environment
- Expanding the IT team’s capabilities to be more than just a support function. Act as a strategic contributor to growth strategy and execution.
- Continually evaluating the capabilities of the IT team and briefing the executive team on a plan to upgrade talent where required. Be a developer of people and mentor less experienced team members.
- Showing a willingness to jump in where needed and a flexibility to evolve strategy and execution as organizational needs change. Proactively identify and address potential technical issues.
- Placing a high emphasis on KPIs and metrics; willing and able to get into details.
- Setting clear performance expectations that inspire high standards of performance. Providing candid and constructive feedback.
What You Need To Have:
- 10+ years of experience working in IT solution design and operations preferably in a cGMP/regulated manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years of experience managing internal teams in both the infrastructure and applications areas
- Experience managing vendors; infrastructure and technology development
- Project management experience
- Direct experience managing disparate technology and data platforms
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment
- Experience working in pharma or life sciences preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Azure architecture, PowerBI strongly preferred
- Preferred location: Denver, CO