Elevation Search Solutions is actively seeking a seasoned Contracting Specialist for a high growth Healthcare IT company in the Nashville market! If you are a process-driven, contracting expert who has deep experience managing and executing complex provider contracts, we would love to speak with you!
The Contracting Specialist will sit within the Implementation Team and work cross-functionally with Sales, Account Management, and Product Management teams, and play a critical role in defining the future contracting process for the company. They will have the opportunity to play with a number of analytical tools and leverage technology to develop a streamlined process that can scale, which will significantly impact the business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing, contracting, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with providers.
- Ensuring policies and procedures to oversee contract performance and compliance are operating as required.
- Negotiating and executing complex provider contracts, primarily with anesthesiology, pathology, radiology, and surgeon groups.
- Responsible for contract negotiations, coordination, and ongoing support and interpretation of contracts for both internal and external partners.
- Building relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Providing measurable input into new products, processes, standards, and/or operational plans that will impact the achievement of the overall team’s results.
- Improving upon existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation. Results may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Developing policies and procedures to oversee contract performance and compliance.
- Conducting extensive investigation and critical thinking to understand root cause of problems. Problems and issues faced are number, and typically undefined where information is difficult to obtain. They span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across functions and/or businesses.
- Developing new perspectives and innovative approaches on existing or new problems.
- Communicating with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees across the company within area of expertise as needed.
- Managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization.
- Directing the work of other individual contributors and/or act as a cross-functional team lead as needed.
What You Need To Have:
- 5+ years of work experience in provider contracting. Experience contracting with Anesthesiology, Pathology, and/or Radiology is preferred.
- Hyper-analytical and passionate about testing, data, and metrics; expertise with Excel, Salesforce, etc. is a must.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up environment.
- Ability to monitor and report implementation metrics to continually improve performance.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to business partners
- A high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- A willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Communicate openly, clearly, and completely (including excellent written and oral skills).
- Listen to the needs of internal and external customers to understand the broader context of issues that arise during contract negotiations and strategic initiatives.
- Adapt quickly to ever-changing internal and business policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex initiatives in a self-directed manner and to deliver superior results in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, ongoing initiatives and efficiently re-prioritize such responsibilities, as may be required in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and promote the reputation and integrity of the company.