Elevation Search Solutions is actively seeking a Chief Revenue Officer. Our client – Forefront Telecare - is a rapidly growing behavioral telehealth company delivering care primarily to seniors in rural facilities across 20 states. The Chief Revenue Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The CRO will act as a key member of the leadership team and will be responsible for driving revenue growth and profitability by professionalizing our client’s go-to-market strategy and sales function. They will be tasked in developing and initiating effective practices, tools and standards to optimize and drive revenue in alignment with our client’s business plan. They will also be charged with hiring, directing and coordinating a sales organization and developing processes to execute against our client’s corporate revenue goals.
What you will be doing:
- Build and manage a national sales team to most effectively drive defined sales growth in each territory across the US.
- Develop growth and go-to-market strategies with the executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Create a standardized outreach for current and future clients that include hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and emerging client verticals.
- Define sales strategies and lifecycle for the company by leveraging existing sales methodology, defining target markets and prospects, building the pipeline, qualifying leads, progressing prospects through the sales process, managing the contract process, and solidifying client agreements.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Develop and help maintain concise market intelligence including key competitors, evolving trends, emerging solutions in order to effectively direct and position our client’s sales team in both the short and long-term horizon.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting to ensure timely inputs to regional operational planning for provider recruitment, create pipeline reports for sales activities to determine opportunities, address issues, and track performance to goals.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics.
- Prospect and close relationships with key hospital operating partner companies and any open territories and/or any broader opportunities that may not align with defined sales territories responsibilities.
- Manage reporting on sales pipeline and overall performance of sales team.
- Work in conjunction with leadership team to define key sales messages and value proposition for the our client’s solution, developing targeted sales and marketing materials, evaluating and selecting other promotional events to participate in including state and national conferences.
- Utilize salesforce.com as the primary tool to track and manage the pipeline and key sales activities.
- Work with the technology team to provide input on needs of prospective clients and the associated prioritization of future product enhancements and product development efforts.
- Work with the account management team to effectively transition responsibilities for overall client management upon completion of the sales process and solidification of a client contract.
What you need to have:
- 10+ years of proven success in sales management/leadership within a fast-paced and dynamic tech-enabled healthcare company.
- 10+ years of deep healthcare industry knowledge specifically selling into hospitals and health systems. Preference for selling into skilled nursing facilities and an understanding of behavioral health and telehealth.
- Established record of success in sales management/leadership for a PE/VC backed company with at least one successful exit.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and build a sales team capable of meeting revenue goals; ability to align individual performance goals with our client’s vision and values.
- Ability to think strategically and develop short-term and long-term sales plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop sales teams throughout career.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer expectations, as well as, changes in our client’s product/service offerings.
- Ability to adapt communication style to audience, while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor.
- Self-motivated, proactive executive capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong understanding of telehealth market including familiarity with range of solutions and vendor offerings, competitors, and key government influences.
- “Results-oriented” approach to sales management and participation in company leadership team.
- Strong knowledgebase of successful sales tactics/approach/methodology to optimize sales results.
- Established network of contacts in hospitals and integrated delivery networks across the US.
- Ability to lead a group of sales personnel towards growth in enhanced sales volumes and enhanced revenue generation, while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
- Experience evaluating product/market situations and analyzing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience in sales leadership, preferable in scaling into the $50-100M range. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to tailor messages in relation to the audience at hand and to present even the most complex messages in clear, simple, digestible, and convincing terms.
- Keen focus on data-driven insights coupled with outstanding planning & analytical capabilities.
- Self-motivated, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be adaptable to business growth fluctuations, work comfortably and effortlessly in group settings, be a persuasive and charismatic individual, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well under the pressure of stringent deadlines.
- BS/BA degree; MBA or equivalent a plus.
OTHER: Number of Employees Supervised: 8-10
Percentage of Travel Required: 30-40%
Location: Prefer local to Nashville, TN office or Hamilton, NJ office, but would consider other.