Are you a dynamic, forward-thinking IT leader with a passion for driving results and managing technology operations? If so, Elevation is actively seeking a Chief Information Officer for a leading, state-of-the-art manufacturing and fulfillment company, and we would love to speak with you!
Our client is a fully EDI capable, global company based in Hendersonville, NC continually striving to build true partnerships with their customers. With approximately one million square feet of manufacturing and distribution space, they have a vertically integrated production process that includes weaving, dyeing, cut and sew, digital printing, heat transfer, pillow & pouf blowing, plus distribution and drop shipping.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Overseeing all day-to-day IT operations.
- Monitoring hardware running at the manufacturing facilities across the world, on-prem and cloud-hosted servers and virtual machines, and the virtual private network that keeps the company secure.
- Interacting with other department heads to define, develop, and implement requested changes.
- Ensuring timely communication with ownership and key stakeholders concerning issues so they can properly prepare their teams (including but not limited to system outages and/or major performance issues).
- Maintaining staffing levels through both hiring and terminations as needed.
- Meeting regularly with direct reports to ensure their and the company’s needs and expectations are met.
- Analyzing methods to efficiently address software system requirements.
- Creating code that meets system standards.
- Ensuring monitoring of all systems.
- Ensuring IT tickets are responded to and resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Examining and approving all purchase reqs or invoices related to the IT department and ensuring any additional approvals that are required are communicated properly.
- Monitoring licensing and communicating with ownership and users to ensure adequate licensing is available.
- Examining ongoing operational expenses and ensuring unnecessary costs are eliminated.
- Serving as main escalation point for on-call should a critical IT notification be missed.
What You Need to Have:
- 5-10 years of experience working in IT.
- Excellent communication and dynamic team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Resourceful, results-driven attitude.
- Even-keeled temperament and ability to operate well in a fast-pasted environment.
- Certification is a plus.
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field a plus.