Are you a personable, self-starter eager to oversee all business functions with a focus in employee relations, HR operations, leadership development and finance? If so, Elevation is actively seeking a Business Manager for a leading Nashville-based event rigging and audiovisual services company, and we would love to speak with you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensuring compliance within all areas of regulation including federal, local, OSHA, DOL, etc.
- Working to execute key HR and finance-related initiatives.
- Overhauling and maintaining the company handbook.
- Reviewing current HR policies and addressing areas that need refreshing.
- Acting as a confidential point of contact for employee concerns while providing impartial feedback.
- Handling worker compensation claims and associated employee outreach.
- Organizing and completing insurance audits.
- Implementing and assisting management team with hiring practices.
- Collaborating with management to recruit and retain talent.
- Discovering and exploring employment outreach opportunities.
- Managing HR programs including benefits, compensation, bonus, holiday, vacation.
- Communicating with company executives and providing effective insight.
- Maneuvering employee disciplinary issues within company disciplinary policy.
- Listening to employees to learn concerns while evaluating company responses.
- Providing support for internal management areas including finance, training, and project management.
- Bringing efficient ideas to our Tech Team for evaluation of internal software.
What You Need to Have:
- 2-5 years of experience in human resources or related field in business.
- 1 year of proven leadership or people management experience.
- Familiar with HR compliance regulatory agencies and bodies.
- Familiarity with HR management software.
- Holistic understanding of business operations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adapt and engage with new technology.
- Clear communication skills.
- Proven situational evaluation resulting in successful strategic planning and policies.
- Social media, marketing, training, finance, and other business administration experience is beneficial.