Are you a forward thinking, self-starter with a passion for driving results and managing the textile manufacturing process? If so, Elevation is actively seeking an Apparel Manufacturing Engineer for a leading, state-of-the-art textile manufacturing company, and we would love to speak with you!
Our client is a global company continually striving to build true partnerships with their customers. With approximately one million square feet of manufacturing space, they have a vertically integrated production process that includes weaving, dyeing, cut and sew, digital printing, heat transfer, pillow & pouf blowing.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing tech packs for all products: Apparel, Fashion Accessories, Home Accessories.
- Providing technical design support for new product introduction, including construction and materials.
- Ensuring the Bill of Labor and Materials are consistent with the Tech Pack.
- Recommending product design changes that will improve quality and/or cost, both in labor and materials.
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of cost-improvement projects as directed.
- Working closely with the Design Department providing technical support and recommendations.
- Providing data analysis, reporting and feedback to management as may be appropriate for assigned responsibility.
- Learning company systems including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & Shop Floor Control.
- Developing competency in the process flow and construction of all products along with CAD-based design tools.
What You Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Textile Engineering or Fashion Design as it applies to Technical Design.
- 2-5 years of experience in technical design and/or industrial engineering.
- Experience in Textiles, Weaving, Digital Printing, and Cut & Sew preferred.
- ERP/MRP experience preferred.
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with Pattern Design Software (AccuMark, Clo3D, BrowzWear, Lectra).
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of economic principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a given time.
- A team player approach and a results-oriented mindset.
- The capacity to demonstrate integrity, accept responsibility and hold yourself accountable.
- A positive approach with a can-do attitude.
- An understanding and value of external and internal customers.
- The ability to develop an effective plan and anticipate and prevent problems; a forward-thinking and proactive perspective.
- The will to win and desire to do well.